September 30, 2008

What Do You Watch on Television?

What do you watch on television? I figure that most folks that venture through our village are doing so with the television on in the background. That is how I do it. It made me wonder what people are watching on television nowadays.

For example, I've never seen more than 15 minutes of the show, Heroes. I figure since the I missed the first season there is no point in catching up.

I'm very happy that NCIS is back on with original episodes. NCIS can be seen in syndication on one of the cable stations. I realized today as I watched the season premiere via 'free episode' feature of CBS.com that I don't have a clue what happened to the Black female character who was on awhile ago. Any villager remember the super-clean, super-persnickity sista? It turned out that she has a brother who is in a coma from an Iraq bomb ... but, I haven't seen her recently. Where did she go?

I'm also happy to see that The Unit is back on with original episodes. They killed off the brother that was in The Unit last year. It seems that he is being replaced by a woman. The season premiere brought the action back home with terroist attacks on the president, vice-president, president-elect and vice-president-elect. Add to that the fact that Mac now knows that his wife was sleeping with his boss. It is going to get interesting this season for any villager that is a fan of The Unit.

A show that I'm watching for the first time is House. It is on cable syndication. I was able to see the pilot episode and a number of episodes since then. House is a truly unique character. And it's nice to see Omar Epps with a regular gig as well. Any villagers watching House nowadays?

Anyhow, I wanted to take a break in the midst of the financial upheaval and presidential politics to see what you watch on television. Care to share?

12 comments:

clnmike said...

The Sheild,all the VH1 reality shows (I am sorry), and me and ESPN are attached to the hip.

Unknown said...

Mike - The Shield is the shizzle! It is one of the grittiest shows on television. I've watched it since the opening season. Oddly enough ... the Hispanic guy who was the Police Captain in the early years and now is a city councilman was a character in The Unit earlier this week...

I like that The Shield has a sista, CCH Pounder, serving in a leadership role on the show...

Anonymous said...

#4: I've been on the House wagon since season 1. While I think it's been on the decline, it's still a winner.

#3: I know I'm a few years late on this next one: but I've started to become ADDICTED to The Wire. Sweet mother of damn. If this isn't one of the best shows around.

#2: The Sopranos. 'Nuff said.

...and my all time favorite show ever:

The Twilight Zone. However he was outside of television, Rod Serling was a frickin' genius with this show. It was light years ahead of it's time.

- Andre

Anonymous said...

Forgot my number 5: The Game. I dunno what it is with Kelsey Grammar making great shows with black actors (when BET misses the mark time and time again). But The Game is definitely one of my favs.

Unknown said...

Unmitigated - Your choices are excellent! I'm watching House (current season) as I type this response. I watched The Wire when I had HBO the first three seasons. I watched the 4th season (the one at the school yard) via Netflix. I'm waiting for the final season to come on DVD so I can get it via Netflix or the library.

I'm waiting on Sopranos final season to be on DVD as well. I guess I miss having HBO (sigh)...

Twilight Zone was the bomb. I always watch a few shows when they have the annual marathon!

clnmike said...

CCH Pounder wroks well on the show.

I forgot to put in Dexter too.

Wax Poetic said...

Family Guy
Lost
Office
Celebrity Fit Club
VH1 Soul

Anonymous said...

Two Shows: Mad Men and Damages. And of course ESPN

Unknown said...

Mike - Did you see The Shield last night? It appears that Mackie is in the middle of another scam with a federal agent. Wonder how long before he takes her to bed?

All - Shows that I've never seen --> Dexter, Family Guy, Office, VH1-Soul, Celebrity Fit Club and Mad Men.

Symphony - I did watch the first season of Damages. I thought that Ted Danson was great in his role and I see Ted's gay lawyer won the Emmy Award for 'supporting actor' this year.

Shawn - I've been watching Lost since the first season. It is interesting to see the current iteration of the show...

clnmike said...

Yeah, you think he is going to bed her? Im thinking that she is the one that finaly gets him in jail.

DNLee said...

Mad Men is a must watch for me.

But lie everything I like (e.g. The Shield is GREAT!), I eventually miss seveal episodes because of my busy schedule.

I love it when the entire season is released on DVD. Is that why people get TiVo? Wow, that must be really nice to record an entire season and catch up.

*jealous*

Unknown said...

Mike - I don't see Mackie going to jail. It is more likely that he will be killed doing a good deed of some sort...

DNLee - I've never watched Mad Men before. For what it's worth I catch up on most network shows via the 'free episodes' that they carry on their websites (www.cbs.com, www.nbc.com, www.abc.com, www.tnt.tv and so forth)...