September 16, 2008

John McCain: 'My Friends'

Karl Rove is a friend of John McCain. However, even Karl Rove is embarrassed by the dishonesty of the McCain campaign ads.

Personally, I think McCain doesn't understand the economic hurt that many of us feel when gas prices hover at $4/gallon and 6.1% unemployment rate (double that in the Black community) hits a five-year high and the stock market (including our 401(k) retirement funds) has largest loss since 9/11 attacks in 2001.

The problem might be that John McCain surrounds himself with friends who have the interests of their corporate clients at heart ... not the interests of villagers like you and me.



Obama is going after McCain's lobbyists, too. Yesterday he said, "If you think those lobbyists are working day and night for John McCain just to put themselves out of business, well I've got a bridge to sell you up in Alaska."

What say u? Does John McCain feel your pain or is he so tied up with lobbyists that he can no longer understand what is happening in America?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Villager,

McCain isn't McCain anymore. And I wasn't a fan of the so-called 'maverick' McCain either, but I liked him better than this guy who I shall nickname Gumby. Homeboy's bending whichever way he needs to bend to get that vote. Principles be damned. Truth be damned. Nothing matters anymore but winning. They'll worry about the blood on the floor later.

clnmike said...

I was a fan of the maverick McCain and to see him like this is shocking, it's like the man lost his mind.

Unknown said...

Keith - 'Gumby'! I like that one! He does seem to be very desperate to be President at any cost...

Mike - McCain isn't the same today as he was when he ran for POTUS in 1980. I think that he saw the Rove-like tendancies that George Bush had when he beat him ... and he chose to try to do it this year so that perhaps he would have the same result. It's worked out well so far if you look at the polls...

RiPPa said...

This is bigger than McCain. In my opinion, there are alot of people out of touch with whats happening in this country.

This is the time the democrats should take advantage, and speak for the poor, or more specifically the working poor.

There are two Americas, and clearly this guy, like many, doesn't even havce a clue.

Marvalus said...

I have to agree with teamowens and Mike, except for being a fan of the old McCain...this dude is out for blood and has his eyes on the prize so heavy that he is losing focus of what the real deal is...f*** everything else, he just wants to win, and will do and say anything to do it...only it is making him appear like a lunatic...

clnmike said...

I dont think it's working well at all, I dont put my faith in polls, and never will till one of them polls me. From what I understand they are polling people by house phone in an age where more and more people are getting rid of the house phone for their cellular, in particular working to lower income black folks.

As far as McCain he run has been so sloppy it's amazing that any one will vote for him, and I tie this into him trying to be something he is not another Bush.

Unknown said...

RiPPa - Speaking out for the poor is rarely done in politics. I recently read that only TWO questions have ever been raised in televised presidential debates over the past 40 years re: poor people in America...

Ms. Marvalus - McCain does seem to have lost his natural mind in this quest for the presidency. He will do and say anything. I like Keith's description of him -- "Gumby"...

Mike - You and I see it the same. Personally, I think that Obama will win in a landslide...