September 30, 2008

John McCain: Economic Disaster

Am I the only villager who is scared to death of having John McCain and Sarah Palin in charge of the political decisions impacting on the American economy? We will see what Sarah Palin has to say about the economy in her upcoming debate later this week.

We already have some history on John McCain's judgement regarding the economy. Check out this video:





McCain stopped his campaign last week in order to broker a deal on the Wall Street bailout. He took credit for the deal during his campaign speech on Monday morning in Columbus OH. Then the deal was defeated. Where does he stand now?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find comfort (albeit, marginal) in knowing that many of the same social and economic conditions that allowed Bill Clinton to wipe the mat with H.W. Bush are beginning to surface in 2008. While I think race has kept this contest much closer than it SHOULD be at this point, McCain's blunders and cluelessness are a positive sign.

Now, if we can only get the average American voter to understand this...

- Andre (sorry. I can't sign in as anything other than my blog name. Strange...)

Unknown said...

Andre - I've been saying that this was going to be a landslide election. It would help if Sarah Palin bites the big one on Thursday night at the debate!

clnmike said...

Now you know damn well your not the only one scared of them, lol.

Black on Campus said...

The idea of McCain-Palin running our economy is pretty scary. I don't want someone "like me" or "who I can relate to" running the nation's economy.

If the president is "like me" then he didn't pass microeconomics and basically knows just enough math to get through pre-calc. Frankly, I need more than that in my chief executive. I need someone who actually understands how the economy works on the micro and macro levels.

Unknown said...

Mike & Ajuan - I look forward to seeing what Sarah Palin has to say about the economy in the debate later tonight...