September 12, 2008

Old School Friday: Klymaxx

Mrs. Grapevine is one of the creators of the Old School Friday meme. She announced that the theme this week is 'Girl Groups'. My mind went immediately to a crew known as Klymaxx.

Klymaxx was an all-female band formed in 1979 by producer/drummer Bernadette Cooper, guitarist Cheryl Cooley and keyboard player Lynn Malsby. The original lead vocalists were Lorena Porter Shelby and Joyce "Fenderella" Irby, who later left for a solo career. In 1990, the group became a trio, with Shelby, guitarist Cheryl Cooley, and keyboardist Robbin Grider.


'The Men All Pause'
Klymaxx - The Men All Pause sélectionné dans Musique et Clips


'I Miss You'

11 comments:

Hagar's Daughter said...

"I got a meetin' in the ladies' room. I'll be back real soon." Excuse me - I was just adding my 2 cents to your OSF selections - lol.

Great choice as always. Enjoy the weekend (dance as if no one is watching!)

Anonymous said...

KLYMAXX!

Aw man, I don't know how I forgot about them. I always did like that song "The Man All Pause." Those sisters definitely knew how to lay some funk down.

If you wan to check out some more funky women, come on over to The "D" Spot.

Have a great weekend Villager!

Unknown said...

I was never really a big fan of Klymaxx BUT I did love the song "I Miss You"! That is a great pick!
Have a great weekend!

clnmike said...

Good pick, Happy OSF.

Vivrant Thang said...

I mentioned Klymaxx in my post ironically. I almost picked Men All Pause and Meeting In the Ladies room because I've been feeling extra sassy this week. Great choices. Happy OSF!

Believer said...

"I Miss You" was a favorite back then. I enjoyed the video too although nothing like those produced now. Technically speaking we have an advantage—better quality in everything, but this told a story.

Happy OSF!

Mine is up just follow Mr. Linky.

Thembi Ford said...

FANTASTIC! Im having an old school party for my 30th bday and plan to dress up like Klymaxx, jewel toned dresses and all!

Marvalus said...

Love the Klymaxx! My mother, of all folks, turned me onto them...we used to dance around the living room to "The Men All Pause!"

HeyShae! said...

Klymaxx was THE GROUP back in the day. They really deserved more attention than they received. Excellent choice. :-)

Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Oh you brought it with KLymaxx!! I had forgotten about them, but "The Men All Pause" was the joint back in the day!

Anonymous said...

i miss you is one of the best songs of all time from klymaxx.

great picks!

[Associated Mess©]