March 31, 2009

Farewell NPR News and Notes

Top (L-R): Geoffrey Gardner, Drew Tewksbury, Joanne Griffith, Allison Samuels, and Zachary Slobig
Middle (L-R): Sonata Lee-Narcisse, Sasa Woodruff, Sherene Strausberg, [former staffer] Kenya Young, Tony Cox, Roy Hurst and Geoffrey Bennett
Seated (L-R): Christabel Nsiah-Buadi, Nicole Childers and Devin Robins


I was blessed to be a guest on this show a number of times over the past year. I thought that the host, Farai Chideya, was a woman of great character and intellect. NPR made a mistake when they cancelled the show.

I appeared on the Blogger's Roundtable on the following dates: January 14, 2009, August 20, 2008, June 18, 2008, April 9, 2008 and November 14, 2007.

2 comments:

DNLee said...

I'm sorry to see it go...It's been nixed in my local market for a couple of weeks now. Tell Me More is on in its slot. It's a diverse show, so I appreciate that.

Unknown said...

I will miss their voice and the diversity of opinion that they brought to NPR. We need to own our own networks so that shows like NPR News & Notes could continue to grow and earn sponsorship/ad revenue...