March 30, 2009

Michael Steele is Monty Python's Black Knight


Am I the only one who is worried about the sanity of RNC Chairman Michael Steele? Did you see his interview on CNN this weekend?

Steele said he is "done" talking to the White House, saying he thinks Obama "has got a little thing about me, that I haven't quite figured out what that is." When asked if he was jealous of Obama, Steele was incredulous: "What would I be jealous of?" adding, "I'm chairman of the RNC, so, what’s your point? We both have leadership responsibilities and roles. I'm not equating the two. My point is: you are on your track. I'm on my track. You do your thing. I do my thing."
I realize where I've seen Michael Steele before. He played the Black Knight in a 1974 Monty Python movie. Check it out and see if you agree with me!





What say u?

5 comments:

D.J. said...

Ok this is fun... so Michael Steel is the black Knight and Pat Buchanan is Archie Bunker...

Unknown said...

DJ - I'm feelin' that one. Archie and Pat gotta be play cousins at least...

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Michael Slavecatcher Steele is full of himself and fails to understand how irrelevant he is to The Prez or, for that matter, to the GOP. The GOP thought they could use him to snare blacks into the Republican Party. However, since he has lost what credibility he had in the black community and got his ghetto pass revoked, he's of no use to whites or blacks, Republicans or Democrats. That's what arrogance and the belief you matter to white folks get you.

Unknown said...

MacDaddy - I recall that Howard Dean never seemed to talk about himself when he served as DNC chair. He focused on building the Democratic party after the beating that John Kerry took in 2004. He did it quietly ... worked on a 50-state strategy and the results speak for themselves. Dean was even a statesman during the Democratic primary ... never coming down for any of the primary candidates ... even when things got rough between Hillary & Obama.

That is the role model that Steele should be using. Instead Steele seems to like to hear himself talk about himself. Like the Black Knight in Monty Python's movie ... Steele doesn't seem to realize he is whipped already...

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Villager: You speak the truth. I give him one more month, and he'll be gone.