Most of Bro. Steele's problems are self-inflicted. He holds the world record for the least amount of time between (a) making a public statement on some political issue and (b) publicaly apologizing for making the statement. His political will appears to be made of taffy, not steel.
However, I have to give him credit for one thing. He gives a much more interesting interview than GOP leaders of the past.
Here are the top 10 blunders from Michael Steele randomly selected from his first six weeks in office:
- Failure to hire chief of staff, communications director
- Flip flop on abortion
- Sends 'slum love' to Bobby Jindal
- Offensive comments about 'one-armed midgets'
- Failed showdown with Rush Limbaugh
- Shut down idea for GOP policy think tank
- Lack of support for GOP platform position on gay marriages
- Sought to give GOP more 'hip-hop credibility'
- Thinks he is in the business of ticking people off.
- Threatens to withhold RNC Funds from moderate GOP senators
Villagers ... what do you think? Has Michael Steele been treated unfairly in these first few weeks as the GOP leader? Any estimates on when he will be either removed or forced to resign?