March 21, 2008

1,000th Blog Joins Villager's Black Blog Rankings


We have a new tradition of highlighting every 100th blog added to the Villager's Black Blog Rankings (BBR). The tradition began with the 800th and 900th blogs added to the BBR. Today, we are pleased to announce that Dr. Renita Weems' Something Within is the 1,000th blog to be added to the BBR. Something Within (BBR #358) is a blog that "thinking women of faith" use to engage in conversations about faith, love, values, and inner wisdom, and other topics of interest.

Dr. Weems is a nationally-renowned theologian and an ordained elder in the African Methodist Church whose scholarly insights into modern faith, biblical texts, and the role of spirituality in everyday lives have made her a much sought after author and speaker. She is founder of Something Within, a consulting service providing guidance for women of faith interested in connecting with their inner wisdom as well as interested in balancing faith and work, and their values with their vocation.

I found her blog as a result of the weekly blog campaign started by SheCodes in opposition to Al Sharpton and the NAACP West Palm Beach Branch for their support of Dunbar Village rapists. I imagine that some villagers know Dr. Weems from her books on women's spirituality and wholeness such as Just A Sister Away, I Asked for Intimacy, Showing Mary: How Women Can Share Prayers, Wisdom, and the Blessings of God and What Matters Most: Ten Passionate Lessons from the Song of Solomon.

Dr. Weems lives in Nashville, TN with her husband and daughter. I wonder if the good Reverend Doctor has ever visited the Electronic Village? Perhaps this post will bring her village voice to our blog!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

1000th ?!?! Wow! Congrats to you! What an awesome task you have!

Unknown said...

Regina - It is much more of a task than I imagined back in Sept 2007 when I started out with 75 Black blogs on the list. I just hope that I can continue to do it justice. I'm still looking for help creating a button of some sort... but, I'm patient...

peace, Villager

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this honor! I really, really appreciate it.

www.somethingwithin.com/blog

RJ Weems

Unknown said...

Dr. Weems - You are the one putting in the work! I hope that you have opportunity to visit our village again in the future. I'm glad to be working with you on the campaign to get Al Sharpton and NAACP West Palm Beach chapter to do the right thing re: Dunbar Village rapists...