April 22, 2009

Day of Blogging for Justice: Standing Up Against the Police Pre-Trial Electrocution

Villagers, have you noticed the continued taser murders of Black children, men and women by police officers around the nation?

The UN's Committee Against Torture has declared that taser use can constitute a form of torture, while USA: Amnesty International has an ongoing concern about the use of tasers. In the view of the AfroSpear, the issue of Black people being tortured with tasers rivals the current political discussions about the Bush torture memos and torture in the United States.

The AfroSpear is calling on all bloggers to join us in a Day of Blogging for Justice: Standing Up Against the Police Pre-Trial Electrocution on Friday, April 24, 2009.

The rules are simple:
  1. Share a post on your blog focused on your concerns about the tasering of Blacks folks.
  2. Send an email to AfricanAmericanPoliticalPundit@gmail.com so that we may document everyone's participation.

I hope that we can count on the blogging community to step up and support this blogging campaign. Here are some examples of what bloggers have been reporting on the police pre-trial electrocution:

I hope that bloggers will participate and I hope that blog readers will read, comment and support our Day of Blogging for Justice: Standing Up Against the Police Pre-Trial Electrocution on Friday, April 24, 2009.

3 comments:

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Villager:

After reading your response to me, I decided to write a post on taser deaths in America. I have been researching web resources in an attempt to gather factual data and pertinent information.

But I realize that I'm not a reporter, I can't write as a journalist. I'm a writer; one who writes about the world I see and live in from my own vantage point.

I think April 24th is an excellent opportunity to write my own feelings about the use of tasers by law enforcement and the lethal consequences.

I applaud both Villager and AfroSpear for challenging the blogging community to unite in this effort to stand up against Police Pre-Trial Executions.

U

Unknown said...

underOvr - The Day of Blogging for Justice provides you an excellent opportunity to share your thoughts on taser abuse from your unique perspective. I'm glad that you will be a participant!

Jet setter said...

IM GONNA BLOG