The UN's Committee Against Torture has declared that taser use can constitute a form of torture, while USA: Amnesty International has an ongoing concern about the use of tasers. In the view of the AfroSpear, the issue of Black people being tortured with tasers rivals the current political discussions about the Bush torture memos and torture in the United States.
The AfroSpear is calling on all bloggers to join us in a Day of Blogging for Justice: Standing Up Against the Police Pre-Trial Electrocution on Friday, April 24, 2009.
The rules are simple:
- Share a post on your blog focused on your concerns about the tasering of Blacks folks.
- Send an email to AfricanAmericanPoliticalPundit@gmail.com so that we may document everyone's participation.
- Afro-Netizen - Taser Death of Black man by White cop near Jean ...
- Black Voices - 21st Century Whips
- Diane Dimond - The 50-Thousand Volt Solution
- Electronic Village - Police Taser 16-Year Old Robert Mitchell to Death
- Electronic Village - Taser Policy Defined by 'Use of Force Continuum'
- Jack and Jill Politics - A Day of Blogging for Justice - Against Extra-Judicial ...
- Mondoglobo - Lousiana Police Electrocute Handcuffed Man in Grocery Store
- Pam's House Blend - NC: More Freestyle Law Enforcement Death-by-Taser
- Problem Chylde - Tasing as Deadly Force
- Race Wire - Black Teenager Killed by Cop’s Taser
- Tasered While Black - Black Man Pepper Sprayed, Batoned, Tased ...
- Tasered While Black - Police Taser and Kill Black Man and Laugh About It
- Tasered While Black - Black Man Tased and Beaten in Peoria, IL.
- The Super Spade - Tasered While Black
- Ultraviolet Underground - Electrocuted While Black