April 23, 2009

Splash Award


The Electronic Village is going to share blogging awards more frequently in the coming weeks. Today, we share the 2009 Splash Award with some deserving blogs. This is an award given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring blogs.

The Rules:
  • Put the logo on your blog post.
  • Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
  • Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
  • Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
  • Remember to link to the person from whom your received your Splash award.
My nine nominess for a Splash Award are:
  1. Field Negro - Field still provides the most amusing posts about current events every day.
  2. Sojourner's Place - SjP created one of the most alluring blogs in the afrosphere. I love the look, feel and content of her blog.
  3. A Political Season - Aaron (does Alaine every post?) provides the most impressive and well-researched political blog posts in the afrosphere. The only problem is that he sees things from the skewed perspective of the Republican Party.
  4. Black Women Blow the Trumpet - BWBTT is one of the most bewitching blogs in the afrosphere for Black men. The blog's purpose is to uplift Black women ... which means the posts are often hard on brothers. I can't wait until my daughters were old enough to read and appreciate it!
  5. Black Web 2.0 - Angela and Markus have put together a truly impressive team of bloggers to share tips, reviews and video interviews on everything related to the next generation of the Internet.
  6. Afro-Netizen - Chris was the first blog to add us to their blogroll when we first got started. I'm impressed that the brother was part of a multi-million dollar buy-out of his company (and blog) last month!
  7. daddyBstrong - MacDaddy inspires me this month with his series on Black poets that we should know.
  8. What About Our Daughters - Gina inspires with her actions. She created both the Michelle Obama Watch blog and the Blogging While Brown Conference.
  9. Regina's Family Seasons - Regina inspires me with her blog posts about hr family. She keeps it real and she serves as a strong matriarch for her peeps.
I hope that villagers will take a moment to visit my nominees for this Splash Award. I also hope that each of my nominees will take a moment to share this Splash Award with other deserving blogs.

10 comments:

Shelia said...

Congrats to all!

SjP said...

Much obliged, Villager! Very Much Obliged! "Alluring"...I'm liking that...LOL!

Congrats to all!

Political Season said...

Deep appreciation for the praise and encouragement. Nice to be recognized especially among one's blogging peers. You're my exhorter of the day.

Montanna Mitchem said...

Congrats to ALL winners of the splash awards...
www.grupieluv.com

msladyDeborah said...

Congrats to all of the blogs listed!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the honor and the beautiful words! I do not take either lightly or for granted. I love being inspirational! Congrats to all of your awardees!! I have been to most of the blogs that you mentioned and totally agree with what you wrote about them! I will check out the 2 that I am not familiar with but of course I can take your word for it! As Plez said last night on Facebook,..."A friend of Waynes' is a friend of mine"! I do agree, you have impeccable taste!!

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Villager: I am humbled. There are so many wonderful bloggers holding it down out there. But I'm especially humbled to be mentioned in the same with 4 of the 9 nominees you mentioned that I know: Gina from "What about our daughters," SJP from "Sojourner's Place," Bennett from "Field Negro"(who suggested that I start a blog), and Lisa from "Black Women Blow the Trumpet." They are fantastic. I will check out the other nominees and I trust they will be fantastic as well.

And I will share with other deserving blogs. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I finally passed the award on!
http://reginasfamilyseasons.blogspot.com/2009/04/spread-love-saturday.html

AngelaB. said...

Yay, thank you so much!!! :) I'll be sure to pass along :D

Unknown said...

Regina and MacDaddy - I updated the link in my post to reflect your Splash Award post showing those that you've honored as well...