July 26, 2008

New AfroSpear Member: Microbrother

The AfroSpear continues to gain momentum as we add blogs owned by brothers and sisters of African descent. Our newest member-blog is Microbrother (BBR #1042) operated by a blogger of the same name. His first blog post was on 10/29/2007.

When asked the purpose of The AfroSpear, he wrote, " I believe the purpose/goal of The AfroSpear is to elevate the voice of Africans and those of African descent to an international level, especially, of those who have no opportunity to be heard. This elevation will share with the world the aspirations, goals and accomplishments of our people in spite of the occasional negative characterizations depicted through main-stream media. Furthermore, to challenge, lies and myths designed to relegate our group to minor roles in decision-making as it relates to society in general."

When asked how he would contribute to that purpose or goal, he wrote, "While highlighting all of the accomplishments of our people, I will continue to voice my opinion against anyone/group who perpetuates incorrect information about our people and our interests, as I have done all of my life. By the same token, I will continue to, respectfully, challenge our people to rethink those positions that they have taken in the event that I think is wrong."

Please join us as we welcome Microbrother to the crew!

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u should stop by my store for dogs while u here folk as Baz, or Kevin Ross to bring u by

Unknown said...

Torrance - you live in Atlanta? I'm sorry that I didn't see this message until past the midnight hour. I'll be back on August 5-9 for BDPA conference...