July 6, 2008

New AfroSpear Member: TransGriot


Villagers, please welcome Monica Roberts, owner/operator of TransGriot as the newest member of The AfroSpear! Monica began blogging on TransGriot in January 2006. She wrote,


"I believe the Afrospear's purpose is to not only inform our people, but to correct disinformation about African Americans and find common ground in which we can begin to solve the problems that retard our progress as a people. As a African American progressive blogger who is transgender as well, I have another perspective to bring to the table of issues that affect our African American family. I lecture and do seminars about transgender issues as well in addition to on TransGriot make the connections between our history and current events. I also want to show through my blog that African American transpeople like myself have much to offer our community and are as concerned about uplifting the race.as anyone else. I'd consider it a great honor to become part of this AfroSpear."


TransGriot is BBR #117. Monica's stated goal is to break into the BBR Top 100 in the next few months. I think that she will meet her goal based on the power of her posting. I encourage all villagers to check her out and welcome her to The AfroSpear!

5 comments:

Monica Roberts said...

To Villager and the members of the AfroSpear, thanks for honoring me and the blog with the invitation to join.

Unknown said...

Monica - Just keep doin' what you're doin'! I'm glad to call you a colleague in The AfroSpear!

Francis Holland said...

Welcome, Monica. It's wonderful to learn a little bit about you and your experience through your essay.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

@ Monica

{waves}

Congrats on this recognition!

You've been on my blog roll since I started my blog! Stop on by and show a fan some love! (smiles)

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Monica Roberts said...

Francis, Thanks..
Brazil is one place I've alwways wanted to visit. Stop by TransGriot and you'll learn a little more about this Texas girl. I'll definitely be doing the same at your blog.

Lisa,
Will do. Will add you to my blog link list and even drop by to comment from time to time.

Villager
I'm proud to be one of your colleages as well. I see I'll have to step up my game some more. All these AfroSpear peeps doing print and radio interviews. ;)

Shoot, my last print one was in the February 2008 issue of ColorLines.

I have a AfroSpear post on TransGriot y'all can comment on as well.