January 19, 2009

Facebook Milestone: 800 Friends

I noticed today that I now have 800 'friends' on Facebook. Friend #800 is Shae Shae, a powerful blogger in the afrosphere.

I joined Facebook a few months ago with the intention of identifying alumni from High School Computer Competition (HSCC) held annually by BDPA. I figured that these young people would be on Facebook. I was surprised by the number of adults on this social network. I have found family, college classmates, business colleagues and a handful of celebrities via Facebook. Even my 70-year old mom opened up an account last month!

Facebook is a fun place. I don't use it to conduct business, although I am using it to promote the Electronic Village!

What is your experience with Facebook?

7 comments:

Wax Poetic said...

i've quickly become and addict of facebook though i think my wife is worse than i am. i'm over 500 friends already.

The Urban Scientist said...

I think it's cool.

Unknown said...

Shawn - I don't think I'm an addict (smile) ... but, I do try to get to FB daily to keep current...

Urban Scientist - Very sad to read your decision re: AfroSpear. We are the change. We can't make it if we all leave. I wish you had chosen to simply switch to 'no email' for awhile to let the dust settle. Anyhow, I respect your decision. Just sad to read it...

Monica Roberts said...

I just joined last week

Unknown said...

Monica - I hope you become FB friends with Shawn, Urban Scientist and me!

Husla3x said...

Facebook is a powerful tool that i have yet to connect to my blog. Allow me to introduce myself, i am husla3x (super-genius) and i am admin of black mans diary. I have never been to your blog but am impressed and will let my readers know about this place as i do with every black blog i find that is now full of, well you know. I just wanted to say hey and if you are a friend of raw dog buffalo you are good people indeed. I am always ready and willing to correspond with any of my black blogging brethren or sisters around the internet. Good day and pleasants nights.

Unknown said...

Vincent - What is the URL for your blog (Black Man's Diary)? I would like to add it to the Black Blog Rankings...