January 16, 2009

Old School Friday: Star Trek Theme Music

I invite you to enjoy some 'grown-folks music'! Ms Grapevine and MarvalusOne have teamed up to create a weekly meme that we call, Old School Friday. It is our effort to post some music from the last millennium to relive some memories and to educate or just entertain each other.

The theme this week is Television Show Theme Music. I have enjoyed science fiction for most of my life. As such, I have been a fan of Star Trek on television. I actually went to Castle Heights Elementary School back in the day with William Shatner's daughter. My favorite ST character was Captain Benjamin Sisko (Avery Brooks). I liked him best when he cut his hair and looked more like 'Hawk'. The sexiest ST character was Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan).

Here are the combined theme songs for Star Trek (the original series), Star Trek (animated series), ST:The Next Generation, ST:Deep Space Nine, ST:Voyager and ST:Enterprise.




Who was your favorite Star Trek character? Which was your favorite Star Trek television show?

9 comments:

Marvalus said...

I have always enjoyed the Star Trek theme...I'd watch the show, but only when I was bored.

Unknown said...

I love Star Trek! The original was the best (Very old and very cheesy, but still the best) but I did watch next generation and deep space nine. I stopped watching after deep space. Because the actors in voyager were garbage! I still watch the originals on satellite sometimes!

iriegal said...

I love the theme from Star Trek. I am a born "trekkie!" great choice

Unknown said...

Marvalus, Iriegal & Regina - I feel ya' both! It is amazing to see how the gadgets imagined in Star Trek are now in common use...

Tha Connoisseur said...

Trekkie! :)

My favorite Trekkie thing would have to be The Wrath of Khan (RIP Mr. Montalban). But I will have to agree with Regina regarding the old ones, they were the best!

Happy OSF!

Unknown said...

The Connoisseur - Wrath of Khan was one of the better ST movies. However, the two I enjoyed the most involved the Borg Queen ... and the one where Picard and his crew went back in time to the invention of space travel. They may have been the same movie for all I remember at this point (smile). I do recall that this ST movie had a famous Black actress in it ... she ended up being friends with Picard...

SjP said...

Loved Star Trek - the original. When I watch one of the episodes my kids laugh at me because of the "special effects". I tell them that back in the day those effects had us all mesmerized!

My favorite gotta be Uhura...of course for obvious reasons and a few more...

Much obliged for the "movie review".

J said...

Love Star Trek

Favorite character?
Captain Benjamin Sisko

Unknown said...

Sojourner - Uhuru was remarkable in a number of ways. She demonstrated that Star Trek was well ahead of its time in terms of bringing diversity to a television show. I think somewhere I read that she was involved in the first inter-racial kiss on network television...

Tariq - I loved Sisko ... especially when he went back to the shaved head! However, his son always seemed a bit off to me. I haven't seen much of the son in the movies or television since that series. For awhile, I was collecting the Fereghi Rules ... do you remember any of them?